February 6, 2009

Art and Architecture

Today is Friday, which means no classes! Last "Art, Architecture, and Memory" class that we had our prof said to bring in a drawing of a building we like to class on Tuesday. Meghan is also in the class, so today we went out to find buildings. Its freezing out, so we wound up camping out in TGIFriday's. Gross I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do. My drawing is fantastic.

We ran into two classmates on the way back to the flat, and while I was showing them my masterpiece a Czech man noticed it and started screaming in Czech. He whipped out his wallet and laid 2000 korunas in my hands (roughly 100 bucks). Well I quickly ripped out the drawing and gave it him. 2000 crowns will last me for dayyyyyyyyyyyys. I've decided, based on this experience, to drop out of school and take up drawing. Or at least sell a couple more drawings to have a firm base, then once I return to the United States I can start on building my reputation as a master crafter...

5 comments:

  1. Yo dude. You are on your way. I picture you in DC outside the White House with your masterpieces propped up against the fence. Dozens of tourists crowd around josling to get a view of your sketches. Shoving money at you, two of them get into a fist fight over which one saw the sketch first. Suddenly, a woman in a limo pulls up and her driver comes over and whispers something in your ear. Turns out that they just commissioned you as the sketch artist for the Royal Court in London. Wow. Can I come visit you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude are you serious????? I didn't even know you could draw, haha.
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing - new hidden talents emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! You are awesome!!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should sell your two paintings that are in my room!

    ReplyDelete