February 2, 2009

Super Bowl

Last night was the Super Bowl. One flat had a bunch of us over to hang out before the game. Meghan and I headed over there around 8:30. There was a lot of people just hanging out in their small flat. A number of us who actually wanted to watch the game made plans to go to a sports bar in Old Town.

Around 10:40, everyone left and a group of us headed to the bar. Most people went home because today was our first real day of class. I have three today, my first was as 9am, but I figured it would be worth just going to see some of the game. Because it was Sunday night the streets were practically empty. The only people wandering around were Americans looking to watch the game.

The bar we went to was an Irish bar. It had about 5 or 6 TVs showing the game. Their menu consisted of typical American bar food: onion rings, nachos, and fries. Because of the ridiculous time difference, we stayed for the first half and to watch the Boss. Believe me, by the end of the half I was ready to go to bed.

I was slightly disappointed in the Cardinals' performance, but they looked to be going strong. Bruce, however, put on a great show. Its about time they got someone good to play at halftime. I feel like I was at AU with the Jersey enthusiasts, but there was only one other AU guy with us. I think its in the water in Jersey, a love for Springsteen is born into them and they can't help but get excited. I mean, don't get me wrong, Bruce is great, but I hardly think it was necessary to jump up and down and slam your hands on the table and shriek. And this was sober!

I wound getting home at about 2:45 and going straight to bed. This morning's politics class was pretty simple, so it wasn't that big of deal. I'm back at the apartment on a two hour break before my next class and I was going to nap but I don't think its worth it. My next class is Czech, now only an hour and a half instead of four hours! I can't wait... Then after Czech I have two more hours of free time and then I have a three hour block of the Holocaust in the Czech lands. Mondays are rough. Thursday are similar, but I don't start until later in the day. The rest of my week is pretty much a breeze. Two afternoon classes Tuesday, one afternoon class Wednesday, and no classes Friday. So if I can make it through today, then I think I'll be fine for the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you missed the 2nd half - it was a good game to the end. Unfortunately AZ lost. Sounds like you had a nice environ to enjoy the game.

    ReplyDelete