February 4, 2009

Persons

One of the more exciting things about my trip thus far has been the people that I have been able to meet. At AU, you only really meet other AU students. Here so far I have a Belgium friend, a Austrian friend, I've met people from Australia, Pakistan, Italy, Slovakia, Prague, other places in the Czech Republic, and of course, tons of states in the U.S.

Pretty sweet stuff, or in Czech, husty.

Today I got Subway. It was 150 crowns, slightly overpriced, but good a for a small taste of home. I haven't gotten my appetite back since I've been here so the sandwich lasted me two meals! I apologize for the mundane nature of this blog. I've been trying to spice it up a bit, so bear with me.

Heres an overview of my classes:

Politics: A required class. Basic info of European history. Boring.

Prague Vienna Budapest: A class on the overview of the three cities and their intellectuals and philosophies. Tons of work. Tons of reading. A couple of city walks and stuff. The professor is really young, but seems chill.

Holocaust in the Czech Lands: The prof is really young. Like 26 or so. The class seems really good. I'm excited about this one.

Czech: Language course. Pretty difficult stuff but I'm making my way through it.

Art, Architecture, and Memory: Really cool class. On Tuesdays we have lectures on slides. Every Thursday we have an excursion to look at the things we discussed in the lectures. Seems like a class that finally has a great art history professor. I'm excited to finally get a positive practical perspective in an art history class. Our first assignment is to draw a building we like in Prague. There is some reading, but the professor is mostly about trying to have us get a good experience while in Prague.

So those are my classes. We are watching a movie so I must go. But more interesting tidbits to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment